BFR Sports & Fitness operates as a community-centered, non-profit organization focused on providing a wealth of fitness, sports, wellness and educational opportunities to the communities it serves.
Bluffton Family Recreation is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing organization dedicated to providing a variety of opportunities and services that encourage learning, fitness and fun for all ages. We strive to challenge, improve and develop individual skills and team play in a positive and structured atmosphere. We are committed to high quality services in a facility that is safe, self-supporting and family friendly.
The Bluffton Family Recreation Center has been a staple in the Bluffton community since it began in 1978. Thanks to a few dedicated individuals, BFR was established as a way to bring the community together through involvement in a variety of activities for families and youth.
More specifically, BFR would be a program:
- Rich in its variety of high-quality activities for all interests and ages.
- Focused on fun, teamwork and skills development, not competition
- Assuring all an opportunity to participate, regardless of ability
BFR constructed its first program facility in 1995, that included a multi-purpose gym, a fitness room, locker & shower facilities and an administrative office. The hiring of professional staff assured program quality and organization. In 1999, after two years of careful study, the BFR Board of Directors took formal action to construct a 21,000 square foot addition to the facility.
This addition included:
- A second multi-purpose gym
- High-quality indoor soccer facilities
- A new and expanded fitness center
- Walking track separated for safety and convenience